Grab a cup of tea (with honey!) and check out the latest additions to all our mic lines onNeat's YouTube channel
Just like a beehive, the King Bee is all about reproduction. Its large-diaphragm condenser design is ideal for applications requiring low noise and high sensitivity the King Bee excels for vocals, drums, electric guitar, piano, and most acoustic instruments, including complex sources like saxophones, flutes, and strings. Thanks to custom Class A discrete electronics, careful mechanical design, and a precision, gold-sputtered microphone capsule, what you hear at the output is what the King Bee hears at its input.
The King Bee package includes the Honeycomb pop filter and Beekeeper custom shockmount, and is also compatible with the optional Beeline quad conductor XLR mic cable. With outstanding versatility and sound quality, the King Bee will quickly become one of the most useful and commanding mics in your hive.
- Technical Specifications
- Transducer Type: 34mm center terminated condenser capsule, with external polarization
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 16Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 26.0mV/Pa at 1kHz (1 Pa=94dB SPL)
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms
- Rated Load Impedance:1k ohms
- Maximum SPL: 140 dB SPL (2.5k ohms, 0.5% THD)
- S/N Ratio: 89 dB-A (IEC 651)
- Noise Level: 6 dB-A (IEC 651)
- Dynamic Range: 134 dB (@ 2.5k ohms)
- Transformer Output Balanced
- Power Req: +48V DC Phantom Power (IEC 268-15)
- Weight: 785g
- Dimensions: 216mm x 76mm
- English Français
Studio One Expert
Honeycomb Pop Filter Keep P, B, and other plosive sounds from overloading your Bee mic: the Honeycomb not only protects the bees from blasts of air, but over-enthusiastic vocalists. Simple to use, the Honeycomb snaps around the mic in seconds, and despite the effective protection, is engineered for sonic transparency.
Beekeeper Shockmount Vibration transmitted to the mic through its stand can create low frequency rumble and artifacts capable of ruining even the best take. Effortless to set up and use, the Beekeeper banishes any predators by isolating the mic from the stand, while locking the mic securely in place with ingenious angle mounts.
Beeline Mic Cable Superior mics deserve a superior cable, so the Beeline deploys double the wires used in typical XLR mic cables, spiraled in a way that minimizes noise and interference - this is one bee that doesn't buzz. And it's not only about the sound; the stylish, rugged design distinguishes the Beeline from the rest of the hive.
- 12 String Acoustic Guitar — Stereo 12 String Acoustic Guitar — Mono 12 String Acoustic Guitar — Stereo Dreadnought Acoustic — Mono Dreadnought Acoustic — Stereo Male Vocal — Isolated Male Vocal — Mixed Mandolin Nylon String Acoustic — Mono Nylon String Acoustic — Stereo Piano — Stereo Small Body Acoustic — Mono Small Body Acoustic — Stereo